- 1/2 kilo green chillies, washed and with stalks removed (remove some of seeds if you are concerned about the heat; they can be added back in if you decide you want more towards the end).
- 1 cup olive oil/sunflower oil/your preferred oil (whatever oil really, as its flavour will be lost to the chillies).
- 2 tablespoon good salt (iodised table salt is not recommended).
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried lime (optional)
- Juice of 1 or 2 lemons
Lightly toast the coriander and fennel. Grind the spices and salt in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Put everything into a food processor and blend to a chunky paste. Put in sterilised jars and top up with some oil to cover.
Mat of Crunch cafe and Mat’s Salty Green Chilli Paste.
shofiqul Haider said: